Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Adair Little Singers



Recently, we went to a LCU Choir concert in Weatherford, Ok. It was on a first Sunday night of the month, so we had no even service. Our sweet member Idell went with us. Or I should say the kids and I went with her and James. I really do not like choral music and try to avoid corralling the kids in the pew whenever I can. But we were troopers and rode the two hours to see the kids of James’ college class mates perform. They did a great job and we were encouraged. Before leaving, I asked two friends of our nephew if he had held true to a promise with his mother. I will comment no longer on this for I plead the fifth. I will say the boy blushed after James hit me on the arm and said that isn’t a fair question. I think he realized he had let the cat out of the bag.
We had a lovely dinner at Carl’s Jr. and returned home. I don’t know if Idell knew she signed up for the singing van, but merrily she sang along. She even offered up that she wanted ‘specials’ at her Valentine’s sing a long party. If a ‘special’ is what she wants, then a ‘special’ she will receive from my children. We have been practicing on “Good Night Sweetheart” and offered several performances during Christmas. Many in our family were blessed by the Adair Little Singers.
Josh has always been musical but I have been amazed at how young the girls have learned words to songs. I always thought Kyli’s ability to be a ham would make her a natural star, but I have been surprisingly impressed by timid little Kobi’s lack of stage fright. She did a great job in her first school performance during the Veteran’s Day Program and stole the show with her reindeer antlers during their song at the Christmas pageant. This weak she will attend the mini cheerleading clinic so she can cheer in front of the crowd at next week’s basket ball game. My apprehensive three year old is very excited about being the star in front of the crowd. Who’ da thunk it?

Kathy

I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me. Psalms 13:6




1 comment:

Neva said...

hey, I finally got on. Loved the blog. It finally came up on mine under blog name. It is such a great outreach. Enjoy.
Neva