Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kobi's Cheerleading Debut

Today is Kobi’s debut as a cheerleader. She has practiced and is going to do as well as any three year old can do. I have loved seeing her with the other girls at cheerleading practice. She has been in a boy’s world – brother’s world and now she is starting to enter a girl’s world. I think this is the first time (other than Bible class) she has been instructed by teen girls and is working with other girls to achieve a very girly task. It is very cute, but I wonder if these teen girls realize the job they have taken on not only as instructors of the cheerleading camp but as role models to these little ones. I know Kobi will think they are all the greatest – I hope she is not exposed to otherwise.
I was never a cheerleader. If you had ever seen me do a spread eagle or a hurky jump you would know why. I could however, teach her to kick her leg up which she faithfully does after every cheer. I can also project my voice well which I have passed onto this usually quite kid.
I feel a strong need to incorporate God into everything my kids do. I did get ‘the look’ from James from changing the following cheer:
“Cookie monster says that God (tigers) is the Big Cookie at the top of the jar.
Cookie monster says that the devil (bulldogs) is the itty bitty crumbs at the bottom of the jar.”
I was trying to teach the importance of God, but James firmly pointed out that satan was not even in the jar, maybe the trash can. I was truly not trying to blaspheme. If the kids are going to have outside influences that I am not sure about, I am going to put some kind of reminder in their head of our values.
I have to get busy making a skirt and bloomers. I do not have a pattern so it could be interesting!
Kathy

Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right. Ears that hear and eyes that see—the LORD has made them both. Proverbs 20:11-12

1 comment:

Neva said...

So long as Kobi understands the concept. Satan is everywherer and I am not so sure that he hasn't been in a bag of bitesize snickers before!!! haha

Love ya
Neva