Monday, January 22, 2007

Thanks to the Rosies

I recently found out that a friend of mine is now a stay at home mom. I was glad to hear that. I feel very fortunate to have an understanding husband that agrees to make the sacrifices it takes for me to stay at home. We had so much trouble conceiving Josh, that I was convicted immediately to not let anyone else raise my miracle. Now, with the girls, I can not think of how it would be to let some one else have the joys I have.
Then I thought of Kobi’s teacher who has a daughter between the girls' age. I owe her a great deal of gratitude for how she helps Kobi each school day. At the first of the year, Kobi would not let me instruct her at home. Now, she loves Mommy school and is very cooperative. She has an amazing new since of self-confidence and loves experiencing new things. Her teacher evens brings home my children in cold weather and when I am not well. That is going the extra mile. She can’t be with her little one because she is in service to mine and to me.
When I hear the great debate of work or home on tv, I cringe. I wish people would realize we truly need both sides. Both moms sacrifice and have made their choices based on what they think is best for their families. Since the day of Rosie the Riveter, we have been indebted to working moms for what they have contributed to our country and to our families. Maybe it is up to the stay at home moms to help her keep her family afloat. It is definitely not beneficial to throw darts and begrudge the other side of what they have chosen.
If the goal is to be like the woman of noble character in Proverbs 31, then we will all work hard at whatever we do and take care of our families. We should all be celebrated and supportive to each other if we are trying hard to do what God wants of us.

“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” Proverbs 31:29-31

Kathy

1 comment:

The Preacher's Household: said...

I appreciate you for reading, feel free to write your comments