Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Favorite Middle Child

Kobi did a great job last night. Several people said she was the cutest one out there. She was the smallest and she did a great job doing what she was suppose to do. It was just a few seconds after everyone else. We are very proud of her for being so big.

She woke up this morning with an earache. I think she has an infection just in time for us to go to Lubbock. It never fails someone always has something wrong with them right before we leave to go somewhere. I think she’ll be fine and have a lot of fun at the workshop. We have big plans of seeing grandparents and they enjoy their class (the child care).

Yesterday, I was reading on two very different blogs. One made me cry because it was a mother talking about her favorite middle daughter. The description sounded a lot like Kobi. She went on to talk about how the daughter had grown up to be a great Christian. She expressed her pain as she held her still born twin grandchildren, and celebrated the joy of a new pregnancy. All of this made me think of how much I have to look forward to with Kobi. She has so much growing up to do. Yesterday was just part of the start of a long life of accomplishments, memories, and fun growing experiences. Did I mention that it was also Senior night, so we listened to long letters written by the seven seniors to their parents, siblings, friends, etc… All of yesterday was a bundle of emotional, pay attention fast because it will be gone in a flash, reminders. I am really looking forward to all that I am able to be part of with Kobi. Laughter and tears.

The other blog that I read was an interesting conversation between a Christian and non Christian on a Christian discussion blog. I really enjoy being able to read challenging and inspiring blogs from other Christians, but they are made up mostly of other highly devoted Christians. Although no one was trying to change the other’s belief, it was an intriguing conversation with two parties trying to understand the other’s side and explain their own. Also, the fact that you can be sitting in your own house and engage in a debate with someone you don’t know that is who knows where is fascinating. The internet can truly be used as a tool of Satan or a tool of God.

I’ll be out of pocket for a few days!
Kathy

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

No comments: