Thursday, January 18, 2007

You Understand!

My little one still struggles with getting me to understand her. When I finally do, she is so excited that she has successfully been able to connect her thought with me.
In searching for the word “believe”, in the Bible, I realized how many times Jesus said “you still don’t believe, or “if you only believed”. Finally, John 16:31 says, “You believe at last!” How happy that must have made him for them to catch on even to the extent that they could understand!
Does He feel that way with me when I struggle with His will for my life? Does He want to say, “finally, you believe that I will take care of you”. Does He send situations into my life to show me that He is King of Kings and Lord of All? Does He just wait for me to have that “Aha” moment?
I think He does and I can only be thankful for His grace and patience. When I do understand or believe, I think He has the same excitement as my little one does when she is finally heard. Heavenly High Fives!

Kathy

1 comment:

Neva said...

I can only imagine how frustrating we must be to our Father. How wonderful that His patience is as eternal as His love.

Good post.
neva