Friday, January 26, 2007

The Great Commission

We are having fun at the Sunset Workshop in Lubbock. My friend Neva is the speaker for the Women's program. I will write more about her class and some of the others I attended later.

Before Neva spoke, a group of women from the Sunset school, presented a reading of the Great Commission. It was very impressive to hear the women read in twelve different languages. All but one seem to be fluent. It was that one, a white young lady which read in Japanese, that impressed me. She did seem to fumble, but it represented the true desire of learning to meet someone else's need for hearing the Gospel. She showed the start of the process - the foundation of communicating Jesus to an unknowing country. The rest of the women were truly blessed with the gift of "tongue"; the ability to spread the word in their language.

I also want to point out that I have seen lots of this kind of thing. Honestly, I was ready to turn a numb ear. Then I saw the legendary Mrs. Bobbie Paden stand up there, Italian Bible in hand, ready to lead the women in reading their foreign scripture. Tears immediately came to my eyes. Before saying a word, her earthly body represents years of missionary service, training of others and encouraging many in their service. She is a precious mentor and friend to my husband. We have all been blessed by her soul.

I am sure the other women have their own stories and will have years of service for the Lord, I just don't know who they are. The point was very clear to me. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, you are commissioned to serve. To spread the gospel to all.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything (I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20

Kathy

2 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Hope you guys enjoyed the workshop. I hated that I missed it. Sure would have liked to see you guys.

Trey

Neva said...

Ms. Bobbie touches everyone's soul. As do you my friend, thank you both for all your love and support. Your friendship just reiterates what I already know, I am indeed God's favorite child.
Neva