Friday, February 2, 2007

Beer and the Bible

This is an editorial edition of the blog:

Can you believe someone would use alcohol as a way to attract people to church. That was the discussion on a news report here in Oklahoma recently. I made illusion to this situation on a friend's blog. As with all great stories there is more to the story, "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would put it. So what is the rest? follow this link and read for yourself. Drop me a line and tell me what you think. Is what is going on an appropriate methodology? How far do we go?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/1FDE58A96F4DFD38862572700022CCCA?OpenDocument

James

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have AA meetings there?

There are so many things that could be said about this group, but as a former drunk I must say that's "Bar" not church. I have had all the listed conversations at the Alibi lounge. yes drunks talk about God. We are afraid of Him.
Call a bar a bar, the church's focus is the "KING" not the king of beer

The Preacher's Household: said...

Ned,
I agree and am glad you spoke up as yourself.
Kathy