Friday, February 9, 2007

Goodbye, Vickie Lynn Hogan

I was surprisingly shocked at the death of Anna Nicole. I am not sure why, it is definitely the result someone would have with her lifestyle. Her life mimicked that of Marilyn Monroe. They were both fake blond hair beauties, born in a lower class setting with a rise to fame and no real values. Trauma in early childhood led to drama as an adult. Friends came and went with popularity. Multiple husbands and lovers confused their lives. Everyone wanted to take a piece of them but not give anything to build them up. (Joe Demaggio may be excluded from that) Drugs and alcohol were more consistent than any other influence. I wonder if Anna will be immortalized like Marilyn.

Solomon in his bleakness says, “A man may have a hundred children and live many years; yet no matter how long he lives, if he cannot enjoy his prosperity and does not receive proper burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he. It comes without meaning, it departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded. Though it never saw the sun or knew anything, it has more rest than does that man—even if he lives a thousand years twice over but fails to enjoy his prosperity. Do not all go to the same place?” Ecclesiastes 6:3-6 I am not saying that she should never have been born, but she did struggle to find some meaning, some peace in her life.

I would not want to do a wedding or a funeral for her. It is easy for me to say that the real wedding she needed was to Christ. But did I send up a prayer for her during the trial over her late husband? Did I pray that she find God while she was making a fool of herself during the filming of her reality show? Did I pray for her baby to have a better life once it was born? Did I pray for her after her son died? Did I pray for her after the news talked about lawsuits with Trim Spa? Did I pray for her every time I saw her on tv with slurred speech? She’s on the news all the time, which makes her someone in my bedroom. Did I really see her as a soul, or a trouble maker with a tumultuous life? Did anyone try to show her real love? I could have at least prayed for that. The answer to all of the above is: no I didn’t. I just saw a crazy life. I can pray for her baby girl to not mimic her life.

I have become so callused that the people I see on my little box are just fictitious characters. I don’t know their real names and I really don’t care what happens to them as long as they kept their influence outside of my kid’s lives. Neva said recently, “What if we would have prayed for Bin Laden?” I think Accapella had a song about this as well (Everybody needs Jesus). I think I’ll finally start praying for these people and not just think about it. I can also use her real name and say, Goodbye Vickie Lynn. I am sorry we didn't try to really get to know you and love you at all.

Kathy

No comments: