Friday, February 16, 2007

Marriage Quotes

On Monday, I am going to post my first in a series of entries on marriage. I know a lot of people that are struggling right now, so I thought I would write a little on it in an effort to encourage. To close out this Valentine’s week and help you to look forward to the first Monday on marriage, here are a few marriage quotes to enjoy and ponder:

A bridegroom is a man who spends a lot of money on a new suit that nobody notices.

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will become very happy. If you get a bad one, you will become a philosopher.
Socrates


Think of all the squabbles Adam and Eve must have had in the course of their nine hundred years. Eve would say, “You ate the apple,” and Adam would retort, “You gave it to me.”
Martin Luther


Try praising your wife even if it does frighten her at first.
Billy Sunday


Married life is a marathon. . . . It is not enough to make a great start toward long-term marriage. You will need the determination to keep plugging. . . . Only then will you make it to the end.
James C. Dobson
Kathy


My son took this picture on our Route 66 trip.

3 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

beautiful looking couple. I love the quotes.

The Preacher's Household: said...

What a good picture for a young one to take. (Josh took it)

Mommysmart said...

Great quotes. We are on a mission now that our kiddos are getting older to put a little more time into marriage enhancement. Maybe you could help us compile a list of resources (books, conferences, videos). I have been thinking about this for a post. We go on our first actual conference this summer and we are very excited.